Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Story

I feel like writing my own novel... Maybe just a normal short story, without the influence of any exam or stuff. Of course I wouldn't write all those fantasy crap that ang mohs give. In all my stories I always write about normal life, the slice of life genre you know. Cos maybe its easier for me to lie about it, like I lie about my past. I take experiences from place to place, then put it together to make a perfect story, often very convincing, since they are all real life experiences. Although i don't do that now, cos it's lost all meaning in doing so. I think I wanna try using chim words like one of my previous posts I guess. When I'm done I may just post it here...

Quite a fruitless day today is I guess. Felt exceptionally tired this morning... Seems like a lack of sleep although I slept at 11pm and got up at about 9 this morning. Solved the rubik's cube again before heading down to have my breakfast. Just a bun though. Used the com, played dumb games. Stopped at about 11. Decided to do my Chinese hw. Too distracted by music than to actually listen to it. Was still thinking about Ichigo 100% though. Shan't say more. If it was about writing the feelings I had about the articles for the Chinese projects, I would have done better in English. I wonder if next time there would be English holiday homework like this. Since I probably would have plenty of time, I may possibly ace it and get a head-start in class when school reopens due to the marks involved. Dunno why these few days just seem like writing. I think I've been influenced by Ichigo again. That manga really leaves a strong aftertaste. So I've been doing the Chinese project until about 4pm. But most of the time, I was doing other irrelevant things. Surprisingly, none of that was reading manga, which I would do most often. That's cos the only manga i want to read now is Ichigo, despite already finishing that. I gotta stop saying that all the time. After that went to visit manga forums.

Talking about forums, there's this guy who made a very detailed character study about the ending of Ichigo 100%, which some people hate and some people like. It's really interesting, despite being about 3500 words long. Apparently it was done by a high school graduate. If I could write like him now, wonder how I would write in the future. Omg. It makes me think that my dream is to be a writer. Half-influenced by Ichigo again. Cos I do enjoy writing, and doing conflict studies. But I'm still too half-baked to do it well. Another thing I read in another forum. How do you keep your manga. Omg. I totally forgot about it. Then I noticed my Chobits collection seem a bit more yellow. So thirsty hippos eh. I read an article somewhere, which was used as a comprehension passage (I think) talking about yellowing paper. If I remember correctly, the paper they use now yellow because it is acidic. That's an idiotic improvement. It's fine if you want to use those low grade paper newspapers to make things cheap. But not on manga (or any other book). That would make things so much easier for us manga buyers. Ahh. The pleasure of holding the Tankoubon in your hands is great.

No comments: