Friday, March 14, 2008

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

Yo. Welcome to my new blog. I dun think I will be changing it again.

Yesterday was the 13th of March. Yeah. In the morning, I went to the clinic for a blood test. My father thought I may have high cholestrol. Also went for a urine test to check for diabetes anyway. The results came out today, I'm A+ blood type. And I'm perfectly fine. Yeah. After that, went to make my IC. The cafeteria was closed down for renovations. That place had a sever lack of food. Seriously. Wonder where people would go for lunch with the cafeteria closed.

Went to Orchard Road. I happened to find out that Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone the movie was showing when I was watching recorded anime that morning. I was soooooo happy. I decided to go on the opening day, which was 13th of March, of course. So many things happened on 13th March. It was also the opening day of many shows, like Step Up 2 and Horton. I decided to call Wang Liang to go with me, cos apparently, he is the only person I know who shares similar interests in Evangelion as me(If you like Evangelion tell me) . Since it was like 3pm, and the show would start at 5, & Wang Liang would be coming about 3.30(in the end came at 3.45... btw, he didn't come for band prac on Wednesday cos he was emo... -_-"). I walked around. BORDERS finally sold Volume 7 of Chobits, but I was broke. Actually I had enough money, but it was my mother's, so I'm an honest guy and would only use MY savings to buy stuff, didn't buy it in the end. Then I walked all the way to HMV. Looked at the Anime OSTs. Saw a Fate/Stay Night OST. Yeah. But didn't buy it, cos I'm broke. The anime there hasn't changed much since I last went last November. Rather pathetic I suppose. Then headed back down to Kinokuniya at Takashimaya. It was the biggest bookshop I have ever seen. Seriously, BORDERS is nothing. And of course, they had the widest range of manga in Singapore, where I found Vol 3, 6 and 8 of Chobits, 3 of the 4 vols of chobits I have not gotten my hands on. Amazing. They even had Galaxy Angel. Actually BORDERS had them too.

Anyways, met Wang Liang and we talked all sorts of things from the MRT to Cathay Orchard. Things like blood tests, injections, evangelion(of course), piccolo, flute section is gonna die, 等等... Arrived a 1 floor below the ticket counter thing. Went into a figurine shop (my idea). They only sold Gundam models. Sad. Wanted to see Evangelion models. What was great was there were Haruhi figurines and many familiar anime figurines which I knew. Then went up. Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone is NC16 btw. (You know how old I am. And apparently, no one remembered my birthday. Wonder if I should remember theirs) The tickets cost $8.50. After we went in we thought we should have gotten student prices at $6. But I shouldn't risk it. After all I wasn't 16+. The theatre was at the 9th floor, the highest apparently. It is mainly a game place up there. There were like many computers, billiards, human sized models of movie monsters. There were also these small rooms. You apparently rent them, and can do anything you like in there. There was like a tv and 2 coms, as well as a nice couch. Cool. Waste of $$$. Then we just talked and waited until we could go in. It was Hall 12.

Not many people in there. Apparently, it is barely publicised, even outside the theatre. No wonder only a handful of people went. The theatre was also the smallest I've ever went. I usually got my tickets free anyways. So this was the first time I bought tickets. Cool. And I got by the ticket girl just fine.

*Spoilers ahead. (Not exactly anyways)*

The show is basically a re-run of episodes 1-6 of the series, just that there are different approaches to each incidents, as well as some of the which are exactly the same, including the camera angle. The graphics were highly improved, Eva Unit 01's green stripes were practically glowing, really great. I've got a picture but dun want to upload it here. Some of the Angels got a facelift. Asuka is not included in this instalment. The best use of 3D in the movie was when Tokyo-3 was rising. The effects were breathtaking. Really great.

*Spoilers end here*

Overall it was great, even though it got a low rating on Life! Not that I care. His comments were weird. After that we went to the Shaw Tower(?) for dinner. The one with the movie theatres. Had McDonalds. Wang Liang said I ate very fast. That's what usually happens outside. I ate some of his fries too. Later went back home. And guess what, my mother had subscribed to the new internet plan, which was supposed to take effect on Tuesday, but when I went back home, it was done. Sooo happy. Great day. That's why I can blog now. That's all...

つづく

No comments: